How To Pick a Wedding Venue
Finding the right venue can set the tone for your wedding, whether you go for a laid-back affair or a formal one. That said, there are a few questions you’ll need to answer up front. For instance, what size will your wedding be? Does the venue have a built-in dance floor or will you need to rent one?
To help you get started, here’s a rundown of how to pick a wedding venue for your impending nuptials.
5 Steps for Choosing a Wedding Venue
1. Narrow Down Some Dates
Booking a venue usually comes after you have a wedding date in mind.
If you haven’t already, try to narrow down a few dates that work for you, your closest friends, and your family. While you may be waiting to book a particular venue, we recommend having several backup dates before starting your venue hunt.
2. Develop a Budget
One of the first things to figure out is your wedding budget. Many different venues range from quaint to extremely lavish. However, ask yourself if you want to spend more money on the space or rental equipment and supplies.
Keep the maximum you can spend on a venue in mind before signing.
3. Figure Out Your Guest List
A guest list depends on a few factors, but most importantly the size of your venue. You don’t want to choose a venue that won’t comfortably hold all of your guests. So, while you don’t need an exact headcount, you’ll want a good idea of how many people plan to attend.
After all, there’s a substantial difference between a venue that can lodge 50 guests and one that holds 250.
Dance Floor Sizes
While we’re on the topic, the same can be said for your entertainment. While some venues have built-in dance floors, they may not accommodate all your guests.
Renting a dance floor allows you to choose the size and shape you need for your wedding. Not to mention, LED dance floors can be assembled in 45 minutes or less.
Here are some general size guidelines for making sure there’s enough space on the dance floor:
- If you have 100 guests, you should anticipate 50 people or 25 couples on the dance floor at once, so you’ll need a 16’x16’ rental.
- Allow at least 4.5 square feet of space for each guest or 9 square feet for each couple.
4. Choose Your Wedding Style
Since the venue can establish the mood of a wedding, we recommend having a general theme in mind before you start your search. Speak with your future spouse about what you want in a venue, including size and location.
Additionally, if you find a venue that’s essentially a blank slate, you’ll need to add lighting and extra decor. Doing so will help your wedding look professionally planned, though you’ll need to ensure there’s room in your budget.
5. Rent Wedding Equipment
Renting wedding equipment can save you time, money, and energy — so don’t stress about finding a venue that includes everything! Even if a location has different package options, they might not be worth the extra cost.
You can rent anything from tables and chairs to dance floors and audio equipment. And the best part is, most event rental companies will handle the setup and teardown. That way, you can focus on other wedding details.
Tips for Renting a Dance Floor for Your Wedding
If you’re planning a wedding, you can’t go wrong with an LED dance floor to keep the party going! To help your day go off without a hitch, we’ve compiled a few tips to keep in mind when renting a dance floor.
- Stick to your budget. The cost to rent an LED dance floor relies on the size of your venue and the number of guests. You can ask your rental company for a custom quote if you have a special request.
- Book ahead. How far in advance to rent depends on the size of the event. Most weddings reserve their dance floor four to six months ahead of time. However, if your big day is during wedding season, it can’t hurt to book at least a year in advance.
- Know what you’re looking for. Nothing gets guests out of their seats like a brightly colored, customizable dance floor. But before you get there, have an open idea of what you want. Once you figure out the particular mood or atmosphere you want to create, our talented designers will handle the rest.
There are many different reasons why you should have an LED dance floor at your wedding, but the biggest is that they’re fully customizable! From brilliant colors to patterns and flashing lights, the options are endless.
Wedding LED Dance Floor Rentals in Clearwater, FL
Over the years, we’ve provided LED dance floors for weddings and local events. From Clearwater to Sarasota, Naples to Miami, Florida LED Dance Floors is proud to be one of Tampa Bay’s most trusted rental companies.